Our online training is only the beginning. We will continue to support you throughout your tenure as a CASA-EP volunteer. Here are some resources to help you excel as a volunteer advocate:
CASA-EP is also calling on the broader community to make sure children are safe. Here are some resources to learn more or report suspected abuse or neglect:
- If you suspect a child is in immediate danger, contact the police or 9-1-1.
- Any individual concerned for a child can report child abuse or neglect. If you suspect that a child under the age of 18 is being abused or neglected, or is at risk of abuse or neglect, you should make a report to your local law enforcement agency and call the WV Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-352-6513).
- You can also contact the Child help National Child Abuse Hotline via text, phone, or online chat to report abuse or if you are afraid you might hurt someone: https://www.childhelp.org/childhelp-hotline/.
- For information on preventing abuse, visit the Child Abuse America website: https://preventchildabuse.org/
- If you are a parent or caregiver who needs support, contact the National Parent Hotline at 1 855 427 2736 or go to https://www.nationalparenthelpline.org/what-we-do